Important Site Notice


All photographic material has been clicked by me using a Kodak camera mostly (sometimes Samsung Mobile camera has been used in urgency), and the artwork has been performed by me using Photoshop CS3.


Unless specifically mentioned or credited to, all material on Soulberry's Chiaroscuro are copyrighted to me who blogs under the pseudonym of Soulberry.


I am an amateur and do this as a hobby. My point being that you can take taliing pictures with cheap available cameras.


Please take your time to consider an image. I'd appreciate it if you could record your views in the "comments" section. I'll grow from them.


If you wish to use any photograph, kindly leave a request in the comments section and all I request in return is to include a credit and link back to this blog.


If you so desire, you could "Subscribe to this Blog" through your e-mail or "Follow this blog" through your Blogger Dashboard or include in your browser / web feed reader - "Feed this Blog". The utilities to do so are residing in the resourcebox in the grey cellar beneath the images.


Thank you.


Creative Commons License
Soulberry's Chiaroscuro by Soulberry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at sb-chiaroscuro.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://sb-chiaroscuro.blogspot.com/.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.


This site is best viewed at a resolution of 1280 x 960.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Smogbusters


delhi-13

8 comments:

Balajhi December 24, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

This is wonderful. I always like long distance travel especially by bus or train. Bus travel has its own color and charm. This picture just brings back those memories. It's long since I traveled by bus.

Soulberry December 25, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

Yep..there have been memorable tripsby bus for me as well.

This is the Delhi public transport system..CNG based and all smart and stylish in readiness for the Commonwealth games. There are two varieties - A/C and non-A/C. All are diabled/wheelchair firendly.

Now the chaps sitting inside haven't really come to terms with the sudden improvement in their situation if you include metros.

I sometimes use the public transport when i don't want to drive long distances.

Madras-Bangalore road trips have fond memories for me....even though Brindavan Express was there and has its share, but I liked the road drives.

Madras-Mahabalipuram used to be a nice one too...we used to stop at the cashew fields along the way.

Balajhi December 26, 2008 at 4:08 AM  

True colors of India are full sight when we travel by bus, especially day travels, though it could be terribly tedious.

SB I have posted excerpts from an astonishing and chilling article in vbelonghere. Just check the article. Terrific effort by the author and its implications are far and great.

Soulberry December 26, 2008 at 7:03 AM  

Nothing like seeing India by road. That's the best...rail comes close but with a fairly lengthy gap.

Balajhi December 26, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

True. To see any nation I think bus journey is the best.

Trains give us a different perspective. It gives you a taste of the culture what with a beautiful background score.

Flight is the dumbest mode of travel.

I like traveling by bike. I am planning to travel a week in bike. Just climb Ooty, go to Karnataka border and from there enter Kerala to reach Vayanad and return back to Coimbatore through the plains of Kerala. But this plan requires lot of perparation. I am now preparing my back and then my wife and then my parents.

Soulberry December 27, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

Maan! Are you a biker? I haven't been much of an it and whatever there was was confined to the city. However, I once hired a bike at Bangkok, a Harley-Davidson, for a ride with my colleagues to Pattaya which is a sea resort there. Good experience that. We all hired different bikes as per taste...while some guys went for the sporty kinds one felt for a long drive HD would be the best. It proved so.

Bala do put up images/videos of your bike trip like you did for your Lankan sojourn.

Balajhi December 27, 2008 at 6:37 AM  

Yes SB I enjoy biking, especially on mountains. There was a time I used to race to Ooty, with my previous best as the time to beat. Thankfully I have calmed down nowadays. I enjoy it more now. Even two weeks I was in Ooty with a friend and took a different route amidst thick forest. A very narrow road with great views and some huge hydel power projects dotting the road. For nearly 2 hours we didn't spot a single vehicle on either side and there were lot of signboards warning us about animals and don't horn. It was really thrilling.

I have seen HD only in pictures SB. You must have enjoyed your drive. My dream bike is Yamaha 350cc. It was in the market for a very brief while in India in early 90's I think. My bike is RX135. Not a great one for your back but performance wise very solid though I don't cross 70 nowadays.

I will surely do that SB. In fact I missed my camera last time in ooty. We went to meet a person and thought there may not be enough time go around so skipped the camera.

Soulberry December 27, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

And you must write about your biking experiences for us.

I had this PG student from Bangalore in my unit back in the days of my senior residency...he was a inveterate biker. He found his fellow PG student shared the same interest and drove a bike like he did...the maddest devils I ever came across, We always kept praying if we were unfortunate to sit pillion to them or even otherwise when we were in the hostel knowing these guys had gone out on bikes.

HD was great...one actually fell asleep (nodding in drowsiness) while driving it...that smooth. We were two per bike to save expenses so then we switched roles andI tell you...even from the back seat HD is fun. The roads allow them to be used of course.

I doubt if you could drive or enjoy them in India.

Feed This Blog

Blog Flux Directory

Updates via E-Mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

About This Blog

Established December 23rd 2008.

I am an amateur photographer, keep a simple Kodak camera in the glove compartment of my car for Delhi reveals itself unexpectedly, and like to play around with the photos on Photoshop. Sometimes I end up with results that I like.

Slide across this Gradient

Live from the Gallery

Recent Comments widget by ROW

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP